Latest from HPI Racing. BL is positively exploding across the RTR scene, with three rides from Traxxas, Losi’s new Speed-T and now HPI’s entry. We already like the E-Firestorm, but with 5700kV power spinning the knobbies, HPI’s beginner-friendly basher should be closer to a racetrack weapon.
HPI’s First Brushless Truck!
Coming soon from HPI Racing is the ready-to-run E-Firestorm Flux, HPI’s first-ever brushless motor equipped 2WD 1/10th scale stadium truck. The E-Firestorm Flux takes the durable E-Firestorm platform to the next level with amazing performance from brushless motor technology. The new Flux Brushless system includes a Flux Warp brushless motor that is controlled by Flux Motiv electronic speed control. Add your own battery pack and you’re ready to wheelie and experience the extreme power and efficiency that brushless technology offers.
From the tough ALL METAL gear transmission to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the E-Firestorm sets a new standard for ready-to-run stadium trucks. Full ball bearings, silicone oil filled threaded shocks – it’s all there, precision built from the factory. Top it off with your choice of a bright red or metallic silver custom screened DSX-2 body and your E-Firestorm Flux is ready to hit the dirt!
TOUGH is the word that best describes the E-Firestorm Flux. Everywhere you look the critical parts have been designed to withstand the rigors of off-road racing. The key to durability for any 2WD stadium truck is the transmission, and the E-Firestorm Flux tranny is extra tough, using all metal gears to easily handle the power of hot electric motors. Inside the tranny is a sealed planetary differential with, again, all metal gears for extra toughness. And everything is protected by an adjustable dual-pad slipper clutch mated to durable 48 pitch gears, with tough steel dogbones and axles transmit the power to the tires.
The Firestorm’s design heritage is easy to spot in the E-Firestorm Flux. The stealthy black color theme is purposefully applied to the sleek curves of the composite nylon main chassis with strategically center-mounted batteries, servo and transmission. The proven tough suspension from the Firestorm is carried over for maximum durability. And subtle features like threaded shock bodies and hex head screws point out that the E-Firestorm Flux is not your average RTR truck, it’s a whole new level of design for the RTR class.
Performance Driven Design
The E-Firestorm Flux uses race-inspired design to give owners full control over suspension adjustments for excellent handling on surfaces like open fields, parks, and even to your local racing track. The lay down steering servo and low profile transmission help provide a very low center of gravity (CG) for quick response. A full set of turnbuckles allows you to adjust camber and front toe. The rear toe and anti-squat angles are adjustable using pivot blocks, just like on the high-spec racing trucks. Silicone oil-filled shocks absorb all bumps and jumps and keep the tires on the ground. The shocks even feature threaded shock bodies for easy spring adjustments, while 3 upper and 2 lower shock mounts give a multitude of tuning possibilities. 14 ball bearings provide maximum drive train efficiency for faster top speed and durability. Wide-track suspension gives the E-Firestorm Flux superb control. Providing extra grip and control are square-pin Ground Assault rear tires, and asymmetric dual-edge Front Line tires keep the E-Firestorm Flux pointed in the right direction.
Brushless Electric Power
The E-Firestorm Flux takes full advantage of all of the benefits of electric power; it’s quiet, clean, powerful, and truly plug-and-play… no starter or fuel needed! Blazing power comes from a Flux Warp brushless motor, controlled by an electronic speed control for complete control over throttle, brakes, and reverse. Add your choice of batteries from NiMh to Li-Po; they all fit easily in the E-Firestorm battery slot that gives secure and tool-free access to the batteries.
From the tough all metal transmission gears to full adjustability of the suspension geometry, the E-Firestorm sets a new standard for ready-to-run stadium trucks. Full ball bearings, brushless 5700kv motor, electronic speed control, silicone oil-filled threaded shocks – it’s all there on the E-Firestorm Flux, precision built from the factory. Top it off with your choice of a bright red or metallic silver custom screened DSX-2 body and your E-Firestorm is ready to hit the dirt!
FLUX WARP 5700kv BRUSHLESS MOTOR FEATURES:
- High Torque/ High Temperature Neodymium Magnet.
- Oversized precision sealed bearings.
- 2.3mm 1/8″ Hardened Steel Shaft.
- Slotless stator design delivers smooth, linear torque.
- Triple insulated windings for long life.
- Highest efficiency motors in class (> 85% efficient) gives longest possible run times.
- Black Anodized Case.
- Easy to Install.
- Can be rebuilt (bearings and rotor user-replaceable).
- Compatible with any Sensorless ESC.
FLUX MOTIV BRUSHLESS ESC FEATURES:
- 6-12 Cell NiMH/ NiCd or 2-3 Cell Lithium Polymer.
- 70A* Continuous / 380A burst current.
- Ultra low resistance (.0007 ohms / phase).
- Sensorless technology eliminates additional sensor wiring and complexity.
- Lithium Compatible. ** Programmable Lithium under-voltage cutoff protects delicate Lithium packs from over-discharge.
- High performance cross-cut aluminum heat sink.
- Smooth startup and run with sensorless motors (Patents Pending).
- Linear Torque Braking/ allows better control on corner entry.
- Castle Link(tm) compatible for the ultimate in race tuning.
*25C temperature, 5mph air flow through heat sink minimum. Burst current: < 2 seconds duration, 1% Duty cycle.
**ESC must be programmed for Lithium cutoff when using Lithium batteries.
E-FIRESTORM FLUX FEATURES:
- Flux Warp 5700kv brushless motor provides high performance, efficiency, long motor life, reduced maintenance
- Flux Motiv ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- Composite main chassis is lightweight and durable
- Suspension geometry and components from the Firestorm 10T
- Nimble handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Many existing Firestorm option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions (3 upper and 2 lower) to maximize suspension performance
- Adjustable wheelbase to tune the length of the truck to suit driving conditions
- Adjustable rear toe and anti-squat for quick adjustment to fine tune handling
- High quality thumbscrews on battery retainer for secure and tool-free battery access. Fits most Li-Po packs, 6-cell NiMh batteries, and even 7-cell NiMh batteries
- Dual pad slipper clutch protects the drive train on hard landings
- Durable low-profile 2.6:1 ratio ALL METAL gear transmission is extremely durable and capable of handling very powerful motors
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance, maximum reliability and convenience of tuning differential action with heavy weight silicone oils
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- 14 ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Threaded shock bodies allow fine adjustment of ride height
- Silicone oil filled shocks for high performance and more consistent damping in extreme temperatures
- Aluminum 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale truck rear wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Alloy steel front axles are extremely durable
- Captured hinge pin design used throughout… easy maintenance with no E-clips
- Lay down steering servo for the lowest possible center of gravity
- High quality hex head machine screws used throughout for simple maintenance
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- Ground Assault taper pin rear tires and Front Line ribbed front tires for high traction and long life on nearly any surface
- Shiny chrome “Scorch” wheels made from high impact nylon for extreme durabilty
- 48 pitch pinion and spur gear for maximum efficiency and reliability, protected by a molded gear cover to keep debris away from the gears
- Pre-painted DSX-2 body with custom graphics to complement your style