Airtronics is no stranger to making speed controls, but the Super Vortex Zero and Sanwa Synchronized Link (SSL) bring more than just a cool video game-sounding name to the table: not only does the new unit boast an incredible list of specs and features, but it has a new trick, too: when hooked up to an Airtronics M12 transmitter and RX-472 receiver the SSL allows you to program the speedo from the drivers stand using your radio! This brand new unit will land stateside soon, but here’s what we know.
The Super Vortex ZERO ESC was designed for competition from the ground-up. With almost immeasurable resistance, huge current handling, and advanced programming features, this competition ESC is the top ESC in its class. The Super Vortex ESC is compatible with all modern 2.4GHz radios and receivers.
When used with an Airtronics M12 or Sanwa EXZES-Z transmitter, an RX-472 2.4GHz FH4T Super Response 4-channel receiver and the Sanwa Super Vortex ZERO ESC, the Sanwa Synchronized Link (SSL) system allows you to change many ESC programming values directly from the transmitter using the transmitter’s CODE AUX function. This saves you the time and hassle of not needing to stop and change programming values manually through the ESC. You can make these changes remotely and in higher resolution increments for improved performance. In addition, telemetry data such as speed or RPM, ESC temperature, motor temperature (if supported), and battery voltage can be read directly from the Super Vortex ZERO ESC and displayed on the transmitter. ONLY Airtronics supplies this performance for the ultimate racing experience.
Specifications and Features:
- Brushless Sensored Design with Custom Sanwa ESC Programming
- Adjustable Voltage Cutoff
- Twelve Programming Modes
- Thermal Overload Protection Circuit
- Compatible with Normal, SHR, and SSR Channel Modes
- Supports Remote Programming via the Transmitter (SSL Supported ONLY)
- Input Power (Cells): 1S or 2S LiPo (4C to 6C Ni-MH)
- Motor Limit: 3.5T with 1S or 4.5T with 2S LiPo
- On Resistance: 0.00038 Ohms
- Rated Current: 740 Amps/Phase
- BEC: 6.0V/3.0A
- Dimensions: 1.25×1.39x.77” (32×35.5×19.7mm)
- Weight: 42g (Excluding Wiring and Power Capacitor)
Rest assured that you’ll see a review of the Super Vortex Zero and the awesome Sanwa Synchronized Link in an upcoming issue of RC Car Action!